Twenty years ago today, 2-7-91, I went on my first "date" with Phil. He had called my apartment earlier in the week to see if I'd like to go for a milkshake. He picked me up at 6:00. It was a Thursday. We both enjoyed our strawberry shakes from Fryer Tucks on University and 1230 N. We had a comfortable conversation and upon finishing our shakes - he drove me home. From start to finish the "date" lasted 45 minutes. It took me longer to blow dry my hair!
I later learned this was considered a "mini-date" - one in which Phil could gather enough information about me and then decide whether he was willing to committ an entire evening to getting to know me better.
The next day he called and asked me if I'd like to go out Saturday for dinner and a movie.
I accepted.
I later learned this was considered a "mini-date" - one in which Phil could gather enough information about me and then decide whether he was willing to committ an entire evening to getting to know me better.
The next day he called and asked me if I'd like to go out Saturday for dinner and a movie.
I accepted.
The End


6 comments:
I love that it was a mini date.
i love this story, what a great memory :)
Eliza's husband Matt always took the girls he dated first to the Provo Hospital Cafeteria for hot chocolate - a mini date for the same purpose. I wonder if it's a BYU thing??
Very cute and sweet! I love that he did it again this week! :)
I remember Friar Tucks! I loved that place. My mini-date with his brother was to a play ground to swing on swings.... yes I got a real date after that but he had to bring his little brother along :)
And, they lived happily ever after! :)
Post a Comment