Friday, March 06, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies

Mom also requested anything pumpkin. She kinda has a thing for all things pumpkin.

I have an excellent recipe for pumpkin soup.

Perhaps I'll post that recipe as well.






This is my dear friend

Christi's Pumpkin Cookies

recipe

1 1/2 cups pumpkin

1/2 cup butter

1 cup sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup nuts, chopped

1 egg

2 cups flour

1 tsp soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

1 package butterscotch chips


Mix everything until it resembles cake batter (I love how Christi's directions are no fuss - she's a no fuss kinda gal). Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes depending on the size.


Burnt Frosting

1/4 cup butter

1 cup powdered sugar

1/4 milk

1 tsp vanilla


Cook over medium heat until brown and thick ( I eyeball this part. The frosting should be runny to begin with, but thickens as you brown it). Drizzle over cooled pumpkin cookies.


Oh soooo yummy. If you want the aunt Barbara Terrill version just substitute the butterscotch chips for chocolate chips.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

OoOoh, So Yummmmmmy!!!

They look delicious Amy, thank you for sharing your recipes. :)

The Mom said...

Well I found out you can not buy canned pumpkin here. You buy a pumpkin cook it and then mash it up and then make your pumpkin cookies, pie, cake, bread, etc. How depressing. Oh well I guess I will give it a try and see what happens sometime. Love Ya