Friday, March 06, 2009

Recipes

As many of you know my mom and her husband Dee are in Australia serving a mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


They had to be pretty careful about what they chose to pack.
She e-mailed asking for recipes because she did not pack her recipe box.


After some contemplation I decided blogging them would be fun, easy, and a great way to share some of our favorite recipes.


Up first . . .
Grandma Terrill's Oatmeal Cookies
Mom's first request and Phil's favorite cookie

1 cup shortening or butter

1 cup sugar

2 TBS sour milk

2 cups flour

3 cups oats

2 eggs

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1 cup nuts, chopped

1 tsp salt

1 1/2 raisins

Cream shortening/butter, add sugar gradually, add milk, eggs, nuts and raisins. Sift together flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine all ingredients. Bake 350 until light brown approximately 8 minutes for chewy and 10 minutes for crispier cookies.

Sometimes I like to change it up. So, I use craisins, dried cherries, chocolate chips and even peanut butter chips. Yum!

Now go forth and cook mom. I hope it's cool enough to heat up that oven.


3 comments:

The Mom said...

Thanks a million, Amy Girl
Oatmeal Raisin are my favorite.
I finally wrote Barbara and she sent me some recipes.
Keep sending recipes of good things to eat.

Karen said...

Good idea Amy.

Heather said...

I love the Labels section!