Birthday celebrations aren't just on your birthday around here.
We've been celebrating Sadie's 13th all month long.
She asked her aunt Trish if she could watch a movie over at her house with some friends and she said, "yes, of course."
The best part is aunt Trish's theatre room: huge recliners, graduated seating, bean bags, a popcorn machine and red velvet curtains.
The girls really had fun.
She loves to try new foods.
So, Phil and I took her to Harrah's Steakhouse for dinner to celebrate her 13th birthday.
She wasn't too sure about it at first.
She didn't really understand why we wanted to take her to
"such a fancy restaurant".
Now she's counting down the months before she can go again for her 14th.
She tried escargot, lobster bisque, and enjoyed every last bite of her king crab legs.
She loved the birthday dessert they brought out for her.


6 comments:
i love the month long celebration idea. it will be a time of her life she'll always remember fondly. great picture of the 3 of you - very color coordinated! :)
These month-long birthday festivities seem to be very in these days.
They seem like a change for the better too - but I'm glad I don't have kids at home anymore - I could barely get birthdays celebrated - a month would have done me in for sure!!
What a great thing for a 13 yr old to want to try different foods! My 14 yr old's list of foods that she no longer will eat just keeps getting longer.
Sadie is a girl after my own heart.
Nice that she is willing to try new things. And nice that you were able to go out just you three. We try to do that too.
I need a month long party! Yummmmm, you can take me there for my birthday!
Awe, a birthday to remember... :)
Post a Comment