Monday, March 23, 2009

I love days like these

The kids came home from school and disappeared upstairs. It was quite. I thought maybe I needed to worry, but there were no cries, outbursts, or laments, so I made dinner - peacefully. I even made cookies for FHE and finished up the lesson. Amazing! I called everyone down for dinner. We ate. The conversation was pleasant, insightful, and funny. After filling their little tummies, upstairs, they ran again. Quiet. I put the kitchen back in order and ascended the stairs. The bedroom doors were all closed. I silently opened a door. . . nothing. I moved to the next door. I could hear little words being spoken. As I peeked in, there it was, the thing that had brought an entire afternoon of peaceful play. A bedroom - with a play kitchen, doll beds, stacks of toys, pillows, and blankets all in a circle. Everyone playing gleefully. These are the days when I think having five children is a breeze. These are the days I want to remember forever.

7 comments:

Karen said...

It is so nice when something like that happens. Those times of peace and cooperation give me hope.

Heather said...

That was NOT the picture at my house last night. I am glad you had it though!

Heidi said...

Isn't nice when Heavenly Father Gives us a bit of a breather? It gives us the air to keep swimming.

We have had a rotten week, but I will e-mail you about it, the story is too long.

D. Scott said...

Rare days indeed.

Shelly said...

Moments to cherish! <3

grannybabs said...

When our Utah cousins came for long stretches back in the day, the girls would spends days building a Barbie world with shoeboxes and the like - it kept them so content.

When they were done, they went on to something else, but didn't want me to dismantle it.

The process was what intrigued them.

We could learn from kids!

gail said...

i love it....i only have 2 kids, but when they are playing peacefully - heaven.