Friday, March 20, 2009

Raggedy Ann

and her new best friend.
Ella has discovered my Raggedy Ann doll. She loves her. She takes her everywhere. She dresses her and re-dresses her all the live long day.
For some reason I think aunt Trudy gave/made this Raggedy Ann for me.
Mom, is my recollection correct?
Seeing her play with my Raggedy Ann doll brings me joy.
Ahhh! Life's simple pleasures . . . a reincarnated Raggedy Ann doll.

8 comments:

The Mom said...

Amy Girl I made the Raggedy Ann doll for you, with lots of LOVE. I am glad someone elce is now loving her.

Heidi said...

How cute!

My great grandmother on my dad's side made us all Raggedy Ann dolls. She used to sell them at her nursing homes craft shop. This photo brings back memories for me!

bonny with a Y said...

my girls love my ann and andy dolls too - my mom made them and they are falling apart so much i had to put them away - so sad.

the books are fab - and i also xeroxed some of the illustrations for them to color :)

grannybabs said...

I LOVE Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls - but they are kind of a lot of trouble to make - I still have the patterns and even the fabric for the legs, etc.

Maybe when I retire?

The Katich Family said...

sweet days...so simple. I love the content look on her face!

Shelly said...

Precious Ella, she is so sweet. My girls loved their Raggedy Ann dolls too- maybe because they're soft?!

Karen said...

I was going to say mine was made by mom, but she commented first. Mine has been much loved, her foot seam has opened, I need to sew it shut.

Amy Girl said...

Mom, I'm not sure why I thought aunt Trudy made the doll, but I'm thrilled to know you were the one who made it with tender loving care. Ella especially loves the heart stitched with the "I love you" on her chest and so do I.