Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Skool Daze

The school bells have begun to ring here. There was excitement and some apprehension as well at the start of this school year. New teachers, classrooms, and schools. We have a middle schooler here now. Wow! I must say the schedule at the middle school is quite clever. Everyday they meet for 15 minutes in advisory, then they are off to their regular classes with a twist: A,1,2,3,4,5,6 then the next day it's A,2,3,4,5,6,1 and so on A,3,4,5,6,1,2. Now, no one has PE first or math last everyday. Who comes up with this stuff? Clever I say, just plain clever!
Cohen has a new teacher this year. He is excited to be a 5th grader.


This is the grouchy face of the child who had to take out the trash before we left to school. He thought it an injustice. "It's the first day of school. I should not have to take out the trash!"

He was excited for school though. He has the same teacher Coco had in 3rd grade. She just so happens to have been their pre-school teacher. She's great and wonderful and loves our boys. So that's really good.

C-Dub is in one of those modular/trailers this year. I was a bit disappointed (come on my kids going to spend a whole school year in a trailer out on the play ground). When I told him his exact words were, "Rock on!" So, if he's happy, I'm happy.


4 comments:

Karen said...

The middle school schedule is interesting. Seems like it would be good for the kids to not always have 1st hour pe, 6th hour math. The rotation makes it so they can shake it up a bit, not always be tired when they have english (or whatever)after lunch.

The kids do seem to like to be in the trailers, I guess it is nice to have something different.

grannybabs said...

When Bonny and Harry were in middle school, they had a rotation schedule. I asked once why they discontinued it - no one seemed to remember.

Bonny and Harry liked it fine.

Heather said...

Yaahooo for school!

Heidi said...

Yea for school starting!!!! Mine have been in almost 3 weeks and are already complaining.

That is really interesting about how Sadie's school rotates. I am afraid I would get a bit confused. Lindsey's only rotates her "connections" (PE health chorus etc..) She has 2 connections and goes to them 2 times a week each. On Friday they split the time and go to both.