Been there done that.
Last week was one of those high stress weeks. You know the ones when you don't sleep, you don't eat, you don't know what day it is, you walk around dazed, and a week later develop a zit the size of a small state on your chin. Aside from the zit and a small, but healing, incision about a 1/4 of an inch long, we are well rested and happily on our way back to normalcy.
Things I learned last week:
A hospital is no place for a well child. The germs there really freak me out.
Don't ever, ever leave anyone alone in a hospital, especially a child.
You are your own or your child's only advocate.
Falling asleep right before a CT scan helps when it comes to holding really, really, still.
Prayers do get answered.
My sister-in-laws love my children. I always knew they did, but this week reminded me that they love them just as much as my sisters do.
I absolutely love the warm hospital blankets.
It's o.k . to break down and cry.
Doctors and modern medicine is amazing.
I can't walk faster than a 4 year old, while pushing an I.V. stand, around the halls of the pediatric hospital wing. She's just too fast on the big wheel.
There never is a good time to bring home a new puppy.
I am grateful for nurses who do everything possible to distract/entertain a 4 year old as they put in an I.V. and draw blood. Bubble blowing works miracles.
I could never be a surgeon.
My husband has the best sense of direction.
It's true, hospital food is no good.
Family means everything to me.
The priesthood is a blessing.
An otter pop after surgery really can make your day seem all that much brighter.
I am grateful for healthy children.


5 comments:
We were happy to hear that all went well.
But it sounds like it was a "life experience" so it may come in handy down the road.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!!
Katrina brought me up to speed on your week! I am so sorry that I didn't know about it. I hope Evva is doing fine now.
I've had one of those small states on my chin.
Can I just say that I second all you've said here. I have had all of those feelings (except maybe the otter pop one, though I agree with it.)
I'm so glad every thing turned out ok.
super sweet video :) so sorry you all had to go through that, but thrilled all is well. hope you have a peaceful week this week!
i'm so glad everything turned out well.
Post a Comment