Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!




We had a great day celebrating dad. Like all special days at our house we begin with breakfast in bed. Phil enjoyed eggs, ham and his favorite summertime fruit - cantaloupe. The presents came next. Connor published a little book for his dad. It was great. He even had a picture and an "about the author" at the end of his book.Very sweet with lovely illustrations. The marshmallow gun was a big hit with the boys. Sunday morning marshmallow fights aren't such a bad idea. We had fun trying out the new gun.


After said marshmallow fight, we were off to church where Phil received lots of chocolate treats. He noted, "I don't have 5 kids for nothing!"

Phil got a very long undisturbed nap! Amazing I know. We fed the missionaries which made for a nice Father's Day dinner. After the missionaries left, we spent time watching some of our home movies. Can I just say my kids were so stinking cute when they were little. I absolutely love one to two year olds. I wanted to just grab them out of the TV screen and squeeze them, and kiss them, and hold them. Instead I opted for the bigger version. We laughed and reminisced. Oh, I miss those babies. Where have the years gone?


As I sit here reflecting on our day I am struck by how much more I love Phil now than I did when we first married. Watching him love our children has endeared me to him more than I could ever have imagined possible. Our children love their daddy. In fact, they worship him. He's a wonderful father.


Fatherhood is an amazing thing. It is a blessing in my life and the lives of my children.
~I love you PLK

1 comments:

Heidi said...

awww..sniff sniff tear tear...
Wonderful tribute!

Bishopric meeting kind of spoiled our fun! But I did get him breakfast in bed. We also had a girl spending the night whose parents just split-up and she didn't want to be home on Father's day morning. So we tried to be low key for her sake.
Scott and I had to give a fireside in the evening. We had a pretty good time doing that, and we even had it at a campfire...so it was a real fireside.
I know what you mean about wanting your little ones back...mine are fast getting too old to cuddle. Mitchell even told me this week that he was too old to kiss me on the lips and from now on the cheek would have to do :(