Friday, June 06, 2008

EMF

A big
Happy Birthday
wish to
my
Dad!
I love my dad. I've always loved him. He's such a great guy.
I enjoy him. I love it when he comes to visit. I love it when we go to visit.
He has a green thumb.
He grows the very best tomatoes I have ever eaten in my whole entire life.
He's a great cook.
I think he's funny. He makes me laugh.
I love that our relationship has grown into this most amazing friendship.
The thing I love most about my dad though is that he loves my children. When I watch him with them he is animated and his eyes light up. He sweeps them up in his arms and gives them a big hug and a kiss each time he sees them. He asks them questions about their lives and listens. He jokes and wrestles and plays with them.
He's a wonderful dad and an excellent grandpa.
Here's my dad with his two brothers, circa 1962. He's the tall one on the right. Wasn't he tall, dark and handsome?


It's funny, he tells me he often forgets he's not the young 20 something he was in the picture above. He says he catches a glance of himself in an mirror and thinks, "Who's that old guy!"
I don't think he's old. I think he's just distinguished!


We do some pretty fun things with my dad. Like bowling, and fishing, and going on walks, and really great vacations!

Ernie Papa with Evva- bo-biva.

My dad is obsessed with documenting the growth of the twins and never forgets to get
a picture of him with them.
Grandpa gets right in the pool with the kids. He throws them up - up - high.
They scream and laugh and beg for more.
Happy Birthday dad, Ernie, Ern Man, Grandpa, Ernie Papa.
I love you!




5 comments:

Karen said...

What a great happy birthday post!
Happy Birthday DAD!

grannybabs said...

I've always loved your dad too.

When we first met, he made me feel so welcome as the newest member of the family.

And he's never made me feel otherwise.

And I always loved how he was fascinated with canning fruit - your family would come to visit us in Utah and he couldn't stop obsessing about the fruit!!

Heather said...

I love the pictures! Hope your day was great Dad!

D. Scott said...

Great post Amy.
And there is still no one more into food storage and preserves than dad.

gail said...

you're so good at these type of posts. i love seeing all the pictures. you're lucky to have such a wonderful dad in your life.