I've been sick. I don't know what I have, but I'm just not getting better. It started with a sore throat, after which I rallied for a couple of days, then it hit me. I have this cough which I can only describe as a smoker's hacking cough. The cough started on Tuesday with a tickle and I coughed so hard I pulled some muscle in my rib cage. It hurt to even breathe. I've layed around now all week. Last night I foolishly tried to go to bed without my dose of Nyquil which left me coughing and tossing much of the night. At 3:30 this morning Phil got up, gave me some cough medicine with codine, ran me a bath, brought in the lap top, and played a movie for me while I relaxed in the hot tub. And there ya go, just another reason why I married him.
(why the picture of Ella? she's much prettier when she's sick than I am)



2 comments:
Being sick is such a bummer - esp when you are the mom. I am also a fan of meds at night with the cough. benadryl is my fave. Nyquil knocks me out too much, I feel like I'm going to quit breathing.
Good luck getting better and I'm glad you have a nice hubby to help take care of you.
I'm betting your not going to forget the meds tonight! I hope you get better soon or I will have to talk to you though e-mails! Feel better! Phil rocks!
Post a Comment