Wednesday, May 05, 2010

No One Mourns the WICKED

For Sadie's 14th birthday we got her tickets to see WICKED
at the Orpheum Theatre
in San Francisco.


It was the perfect birthday present for her.
she said,
"Today has been magical!"
(and it was)

It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
Worth every single penny we spent on the tickets.
It was fabulous.
It was wonderful!She was thrilled!
Before we went I tried to listen to the soundtrack
-couldn't get though it.
I tried to read the book
-I didn't get through it (returned it because of the language)
But, oh my goodness!
We listen to the soundtrack practically everyday now.
We sing at the top of our lungs.
We know all the songs.
If you get the chance to see it don't pass it up.
It comes highly recommended by the 3 pictured above.


8 comments:

Karen said...

There is something about seeing a musical that make the soundtrack make sense. I have the wicked soundtrack, but only love one of the songs. I'm hoping that seeing the musical one day will help me love more of them.

I felt the same way you did about the book. Didn't finish.

Sound like a magical birthday for Saidie.

Give her some belated wishes from me.

grannybabs said...

I have wanted to see this too - just never has worked out yet.

But I'm glad you all got to!

Brooke said...

So Fun for all of you! My younger sister thinks she is in the musical whenever the soundtrack is on.
Oh and I totally HATED the book.
I'm so excited to see you guys in a month or so!

Heather said...

I am jealous! I would love to see it. Great birthday present.

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! What a fun play, I would love to see "Wicked".

bonny with a Y said...

i never read the book either - but we did see the musical and i was surprised how much i liked it.

so glad she had a happy birthday!!

The Mom said...

Looks like fun was had all the way around! G'onya

gail said...

what a fabulous birthday idea...i haven't seen Wicked but would love to. i think i am taking marek to a brad paisley concert for his bday!