Monday, December 29, 2008

The Peanutcracker

The Story in a Nutshell!
The little girls have been taking a ballet and tap class. Their teacher decided it would be great fun to go as a class to see the Peanutcracker. They spent one class reading several different versions of the Nutcracker and dancing around like Clara, Soldiers, a Rat King, and a Sugar Plum Fairy. They loved it.
All week we looked forward to our trip to the theatre.
We wore our Christmas finery and had lunch at Mimi's Cafe.
The theatre was so exciting.
We walked down several flights of stairs to get to our seats.


Getting a feeling for their seats.

There's just something about black patent leather shoes.


No performance of the Peanutcracker would be complete
without our friends Ethany and Mindi.


This is Evva poking her little friend Sadie.
Sadie's mom's name is Amy. Can you believe it?

Waiting patiently. We were 30 minutes early.

I've got two little hands.

Their teacher gave each of the girls their very own Nutcracker ornament.
The girls were dying to take a twirl on the stage.
They settled for a seated picture on the edge of the stage.

In the lobby we got to meet and take pictures with many of the cast members.

Evva loved the dolls.

Ella fell in love with the Arabian Princess.
She trains at our dance studio.
Her performance was amazing
as she twisted high above the stage from two
long pieces of flowing fabric.
This is the Snow Queen. She was a lovely dancer.
The girls loved that, "she danced on her toes."

Last we got pictures with the Sugar Plum Fairy. She was a favorite as well.
It was a magical day.

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun experience for you and the little girls! They look so cute.

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun! They are darling!

gail said...

what a special time! you all look beautiful :)

grannybabs said...

Going to the Nutcracker with Bonny and Harry was a tradition for the years we lived in Utah - mainly I guess because our friend Ronnie could get us free tickets.

And it's so expensive in SoCal.

I remember the patent leather shoes Bonny wore though.

Looks like you made some great memories - and your girls are darling.

Heidi said...

Wow, it looks like a lot of fun! I love that you are able to do things with the twins even though you are busy with the rest of the gang! I often feel like I am neglecting some when I am focusing on the other and vice versa!