Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Sooooo Glad It's Over!

And I'm not talking about our vacay. Am I the only one who felt as if this presidential election lasted forever?
There were many things which impressed me during this election, but the thing that left the greatest impression on me was the amount of money spent on the campaigns. Wow! While being American makes me proud, the money spent on the presidential campaigns was simply embarrassing.
So glad it's over.

8 comments:

Phoebe said...

Agreed!

Karen said...

I agree!

Heidi said...

How was the vacation?

Heather said...

If they were so interested in helping the people why did they not donate half of the money to the poor and underprivileged?

grannybabs said...

An economist could probably logically explain to us why the money can't really go anywhere else.

Just like when they explain how we can't really help the starving in India by cleaning our plates at each meal.

But I'm afraid it's really not over - at least the Prop. 8 issue in California is not - they demonstrated outside the temple today - so the temple had to be closed - Grandma Terrill had to turn around and come home!

We will keep you posted!

Perhaps the fight has just begun!

gail said...

i agree too....when i think of all the need in the world that the money could be helping instead of paying for political ads, it just makes me sad. i feel relief that it's over.

D. Scott said...

I'm with you Amy.
I feel better just because it's over!

bonny with a Y said...

i didn't realize how much stress i was feeling until the election was over either.

and the money issue - well - i'm sure my cousin karl would have something explosive, yet insightful about it.