The highlight of our week was going to the temple with Sadie. It was her first time. I have to say it was Awesome! She loved it and so did Phil and I. I always bake treats for Sadie's class when I teach art. One of the boys in her class asked Sadie if she would bake brownies. Sadie loves to bake, so she quickly agreed. I don't ever really make brownies. I never even think about brownies. But, I got out my trusty Cook's Illustrated and found a yummy brownie recipe. Man it was sooooo good. We just might have to start incorporating that recipe into our repertoire. The girls loved licking the bowls. Here's some of the student art from our lesson on op art They really enjoyed the process. I find that often the lessons won't really strike a cord with some of the students, but everyone enjoyed the op art The boys especially!
Here's Opening day at the ball field. You can't see Connor's face. He's the third one from the left with the yellow jersey sleeve. The boys are big A'sfans, so being the single A - A's is kinda cool for Connor. Here's Cohen's team - The Dodgers. He's the one with the grey sweat shirt and ball cap in the far back. My little bumble bee played happily out in the yard with her winter coat. Our lawn is greening up. We have started to get out in the yard to get things ready for warmer weather. I still need to get more sand for the sand box. When Ernie Papa comes we will get the garden started. Oh, and just a glimpse into life with a 12 year old. Joy!
3 comments:
How nice that you got to go to the temple together.
We are fans of brownies at our house.
what a great week! cool art project too :)
Love the note, I have already had a few glimpses of this from Madison and we are very afraid!
Great week!
Post a Comment