Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

This is Ella Anne
or more affectionately Ella Bella, Bella, Bella-bella boo boo, Bells.
She loves pink, especially her pink softy. She loves animals. She loves to wrestle.
She's a dare devil, jumping off most anything. Oh, she loves to color.
And she loves Kraft singles.
Here's Ella swimming. She loves to swim too.
Here she's climbing to the highest point on the playground equipment to see if she can give her mommy a heart attack. She thinks it's funny and laughs.

Maybe that's why I kinda laughed when I saw this:


You see Ella hates bugs,
or anything like a bug. Creepy crawlies give her the creepy crawlies.
Once she was trapped in the closet for five minutes screaming for me because there was an ant on the floor right outside the closet. The ant was just to big and scary to step over.
It is spiders though which top her list of hates when it comes to bugs. Spiders freak her out. From the time she was able to notice a spider she freaked out. To say spiders freak her out is quite frankly an understatement!
Guess who's Easter Basket had a spider crawling on it?
That did not go over well.
And just last night her shrill screams broke the peaceful (ha, ha) dinner we were enjoying together as a family. I swear I had just poured the milk, in fact, I was on my way back from the fridge when the wailing began.
"Daar's a biider in my milk! Daar's a biider in my milk! Dare's a biider in my milk!"
There was a spider in her milk!
To say we all laughed would be a lie.
We busted a gut. We screamed, we hollered, we cried, all while Ella gnashed her teeth, and I am sure suffered permanent psychological damage, but hey that's what being in a big family is all about right?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome! so sad that we laugh at others pain....Steve say's it's a trait that I have...but if you don't laugh you might cry! I am laughing long and hard, no tears here!

Karen said...

Poor little thing. Of course we would probably laugh here too. Not because we wanted to hurt anyone feelings, but it just bursts out sometimes.