Saturday, February 03, 2007

Done

A lot has been going on here. I have much to report on: new carpet! Let me just say that our new carpet is beyond fablous, however; it was like moving our entire house in three days. Exhausting!

On to my post.

This morning I attened a visiting teaching brunch held each year to thank and inspire the visiting teachers in our ward. It is always a great meeting. I so enjoy being with the sisters in my ward some whom I've known for nearly 13 years now. As I sat enjoying my yummy brunch (there was coconut syrup for my french toast), a dear friend of mine, Julie sat next to me. She is a grandma for the first time. Her daughter Aimee had her first child 2 months ago. Aimee used to babysit for us. Anyway, she had her grandson with her. As I watched her balance him in her lap while she tried to eat, I was struck by the fact that it wasn't me trying to eat and hold a baby. And quite frankly, I was elated.

3 comments:

Karen said...

New Carpet- is this because of the leak you guys had? Or just because?
And I was in Relief Society without Kimberlyn today, and it felt weird. I almost didn't know what to do with myself- you know that 'what is missing?' feeling.

Amy Girl said...

New carpet in part because of the water problems, and just because we had given the standard carpet, which came with the house 7 years ago, a run for its money.

I will post some pics soon.

bonny with a Y said...

hahaha - i have had that EXACT same feeling as of late.