Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm Cold

I am so totally completely cold. It was 14 degrees last night when we went out caroling and delivering our Christmas goodies to our friends. Brrrrrrrr!

Today I am inside the house wrapping presents and what else . . . blogging and my fingers feel like they have frost bite.

I guess it is time to get up and start cleaning. That should warm me up.

I am longing though for summer. Why did I leave sunny So. Cali again? I quandary.

5 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

i can sympathisize with you in a limited way. Last year we were in Utah for Bamom's funeral and it was 13 degrees when we went to dinner. I about DIED.

Karen said...

I don't like the really cold weather. Also, I think it should snow if it is cold. But the weather doesn't seem to agree with me, when it gets above 32 a storm comes in and we get rain. Then the temp drops and no storms, no snow just cold. (9 degrees yesterday am when I got up!)
If I can't have a white Christmas I want a warm green/brown one!

Eliza said...

Was that when we went to Sweet Tomatoes, Bonny? Or another time?

At any rate I remember being in the ST parking lot and you about dying.

The most bone-chillingly cold I have ever been in my life was a few weeks ago here in VA. The weather has been fluctuating like crazy...all I can say about it compared to Western cold is that the humidity makes it LITERALLY FREEZE YOUR BONES.

Makes me miss the mild Utah winter! I'll take 13 degrees and dry over 30 degrees and humid any day!!

Amy Girl said...

Eliza, it was bone chilling cold in Arkansas. One can't really explain it. You just have to experience it. Kinda like humidity.

I remember riding my bike home from class one afternoon. It was so cold that the tears on my cheeks were frozen. I thought, "why is a So. Cali girl living here?"

I was completely out of my element. When we moved to Arkansas I had one pair of jeans (all I ever needed in Cali was shorts). I did not have a winter coat either. On our first trip to Tulsa over Christmas break I bought my first winter jacket at Birlington Coat Factory. I believe I still have that jacket. Maybe it's time to donate!

Anonymous said...

You left for school, Phil and you would really leave now because of the traffic. We did and it makes me crazy when we go back and have to deal with all the traffic