Monday, December 04, 2006

China Anyone?

I have to say I am grateful to be just one place setting short to complete my 12 settings of china. I love my pattern even all these years later.

Last Saturday we entertained 8 for Phil's office party at our home, and I have to say it was fablous to use my china. I was so pretty.

I do need a few things still.
1. butter plates
2. salt and pepper shakers
3. gravy boat
oh, and silver. Haven't gotten any of that yet.

So, here's my question. Should I choose silver? Or just something more practical that I won't have to polish and keep in a safety deposit box? Mom always kept hers there. Kind of a pain I think.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I would probably choose something not silver, but pretty that would be used only with the china. I really hate having to wash silver by hand. (I know- lazy of me)

Heather said...

I have not given silver a thought yet. I will now ponder the silver question.

bonny with a Y said...

i think it depends on whether or not it gives you joy. enough joy to outweigh the expense and upkeep.

then you can decide.

i love china and silver too - in fact i made an inventory in my china cupboard, because I can never remember what i have. (my china cupboard is locked (lovely kids....) and my china is in fabric cases - so i can't just look at it and assess what i have. and I don't use it often enough to remember - which means i should use it more often.

Amy Girl said...

I'm thinking that the thought of more dishes to wash at this point in my life is just, well, not a good thought.

Perhaps I would feel differently about this issue at another time in my life. hmmmmm! I guess this will require some more thought.

Amy Girl said...

Heather, love the "Scrubs"

Oh, and "Isabella Turk" too!

Anonymous said...

Silver is great if you use it! I have to get mine out I have not sence we got home. They have some really nice table ware out there and no up keep.