Friday, October 06, 2006

Mom

My mom is here. Having a mom is an incrediable thing. Everyone person on this earth has one. However, the type of mom we all have are as different as cloud formations which drift by on a balmy summer day. One of the interesting things I've discovered is moms can be different to each child they may have. The relationship we have with our mom can be like a magnet, forever connected, yet kind of pushing against one another, like magnets do when turned over. This is strange and marvelous. The relationships with our mom can be wonderful, difficult, unusual, and unique all at the same time. I love my mom. We have worked through the nature of our relationship over time. I really don't think she's the one who has changed, it's me. I've grown from this little person she stared at for hours memorizing every soft and smooth shape, line, and crease, to a person she never quite understood, into someone she yearned to reach, to someone she could once again teach, and feel connected to like she once did so many many years ago as I lay swaddled in her arms. A mom is an amazing person. What a blessing it is to have my very own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful thing to think then write. Thank you I love you Amy Girl. The Mom

Anonymous said...

You made me cry sweet tears.