Thursday, June 07, 2012

3rd Grade Memories






Have I mentioned how much I love these little girls?
They are officially 3rd graders.  I am not sure how that can be.
I remember third grade vividly:  Miss Bettencourt, Eastvale,
long rides to and from school on the crown bus #6,
my friend Judy - we played tether ball together every recess, her aunt was our teacher.
 
I had a crush on a boy named Jamie - he sat next to me.
One day, not long after Larry had barfed in line and subsequently freaked me out, Jamie told me his stomach was hurting really bad.  I believe it was at this point I began to dislike him (such shallow young love).
After I told the Miss Bettencourt he felt sick, he left school and didn't return for over a week.
He ended up having an appendicitis.

Miss Bettencourt taught me cursive.  I still use it to this day.
She also taught me my times tables which I use every day.
I think about these little girls of mine - who aren't so little anymore - and I am excited for all the new things they are learning, the fun things they are doing, the experiences they are having and the memories they are making which from my experience last a lifetime.


1 comments:

grannybabs said...

Not sure how I missed this post before - but I love it!! I remember third grade vividly - maybe that's when memories begin!!