Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pinewood Derby 2010

We had another successful Pinewood Derby.

The cookies were yummy delicious!
We got all the boys sworn in & the adults too.
Good sportsmanship is of the upmost importance.

Ready, Set, Go!
Check-in, measure, lube-up, weigh-in, park it.
I made these.
For the past 2 years I've wanted to make something like this.
I finally did.

C-Dub

He was awarded "Best Paint Job"


6 comments:

grannybabs said...

Love the refreshments!!

I always liked Pinewood Derby. Our 8th grade science teacher is a Cubmaster - so he has a "Newton's Scooters" project every year - a lot like a Pinewood Derby.

And the kids love it!

Shelly said...

I love the treats you made Amy- very cute!!! Congratulations to Connor on his award- yeah!!! It looks like a great day. :)

Brooke said...

Awesome treats! Sweet paint job!

Karen said...

Yeah! It looks like a great time and some great ideas for me to suggest at our planning meeting. Our derby is on the 31st. Good job to C dub on the paint job.

Heather said...

Your a awesome scout leader...I am sure I will pay my dues in due time and I will call you for all of your great ideas! :)

The Katich Family said...

love the Derby. all our cars are proudly lined up on the book case.i thought of you yesterday when i was at tj maxx. they had a great display of beautiful purple glass "pretties." but, i have to ask about those creamy lime thingies....