Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Observations in Idaho!

So, Evva went to visit her cousins in Idaho with Grandpa Ernie last week. She had a fabulous time. She wasn't really chatty about the trip when she got home, but periodically she will share something with me that seems to come to her mind.

This morning we had a conversation that went like this.
Evva: "Mom, you know at your sister's house, the one who lives in Idaho."


Me: You mean my sister Karen, your aunt Karen?


Evva: Yes. Well, they have this little tea pot thingy, you know, in their kitchen.

Usually people drink coffee out of things like that.

They must not be members of the church of latter saints.


Me: You know they are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints too.


Evva: Oh. . . then why did they have that tea pot thingy?


Me: Maybe for hot cocoa.


Evva: Oh ya, they did.


Me: Mystery solved.
*somehow it slipped her mind that she went to church twice with them and that her uncle Jeff was the Bishop.



6 comments:

grannybabs said...

Eve, Porter and Harry joined us for dinner tonight to give Dawn a little break. I told Porter the missionaries were coming. He said, "I hate the missionaries." I said, "Why?" He said, "I hate church." I said,"Why?" He said, "You have to work there." I said, "What kind of work do you do there?" He said, "Well, (long pause) You usually have to color."

He seemed plenty friendly to the missionaries however!

Shelly said...

Evva and Porter make me laugh! Great stories!

Brooke said...

Love it! And that picture of Evva is hilarious!

Karen said...

What a great laugh first thing in the morning!

We do indeed have one of those teapot thingys. We do use it for hot cocoa. (and instant oatmeal, etc.)

I love finding out what little kids are thinking and seeing.

We love Evva.

grannybabs said...

And did you tell her that we all come by our tea kettles honestly - that Great Grandma Terrill always had one - and often used it to boil the water for Jello!

(And still does have one!)

Heather said...

I have a teapot thingy too, I must not be a member. ;)