Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Matthew 25:16

Sadie joined her school choir this year.

Can I be honest?

I didn't think it was the best idea.

After all she plays piano and viola. Isn't that enough musical stuff? Need I mention that when either of her parents sing nothing close to lovely is emitted out of their mouths, you get where I'm taking this right?

I mean how can you tell your daughter, "Honey, singing just isn't in the cards for this family."

Instead, I wrote the check and drove her happy little singing voice to school an hour early twice a week for the past 4 months.

Then came last night.

All I can say is . . . she didn't get it from me.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Do I see voice lessons on your things to do list for 2008? Sounds so unlike any Fortner I know!

Karen said...

She sounds good. I know you always say our family can't sing, but I was in choir and New Gen(which I had to try out for)

D. Scott said...

Way to go Sadie!
It's in the genes somewhere, Farah takes lessons also. I think it must just be the musical person in them.
It just doesn't come from us.

grannybabs said...

There is quite a bit of musical ability in the Terrill genes - my husband for one has a beautiful voice.

Some things skip generations you know!!

I love Middle School Choirs!