Tonight we had our annual ward Pioneer Day Picnic. It is always a grand celebration. There was fun pioneer games for the kids and yummy food. On our drive home I mentioned to Phil just how enjoyable the evening was and how nice it was to be able to actually eat and visit.
For many years, 11 to be exact, we have attended this Pioneer Day picnic and spent the entire time holding, chasing, and worrying about our kids. But, tonight was different. Everyone ate, and then played, and it was just so dog gone enjoyable and stress free. I can't quite put into words my feelings exactly. It was just really, really nice. 
When we got home I caught a glimpse of some of the shoes we had kicked off. When did it become difficult to discern my children's shoes from mine? Perhaps this would explain my enjoyable evening.


0 comments:
Post a Comment